- Scroll down
In 1746 the first forge was founded in De Heen.
In 1859 Cornelis van Trier took over the forge from his dad, who was the second generation.
Cornelis van Trier built a new workshop in 1876.
In 1881 Johannes van Trier follows his dad in his footsteps and takes the lead of the company.
Shortly after Johannes van Trier was in charge of the company, his son Cees van Trier took the leading position.
Cees van Trier had many daughters and one son, Johannes van Trier, who stepped in in 1931.
In 1948 Johannes van Trier started designing the TZK. A motorised weedingmachine which came out as a succes.
Shortly after the successes of the TZK (Trier Zonder Ketting/Trier Without Chain) Johannes van Trier built a new workshop.
After the sudden death of his father, Jan van Trier (aged 20) was put in charge of the blacksmithing company.
In 1976 Jan van Trier built a completely new workshop, with a showroom. Later he built storage hall next to it.
After Jan van Trier in 1967 shod the last horse and completely switched to agricultural machinery, Hans van Trier decided in 1990 to supervise the company.
In 1996 Her Majesty the Queen authorised the company to wear the Royal Weapon and the title ‘By Appointment to the Court of the Netherlands’ due to our long history.
After a strong growth Hans van Trier decided to move the company to Tholen. De Heen was too small.
Because of the ever growing stock of machinery, 3 more storage halls were built. In total it is located on 22.000 square meters.
Since 2018 is the 9th generation, Gijs van Trier, also active in the family business.
- The End